Personal injury law firm in New York | Experienced Lawyers | Gash & Associates, P.C. Logo and Icon

Can I Receive Compensation if My New York Workplace Injury Was Caused by My Employer?

Navigate workplace injury compensation claim | workplace accident attorney | Gash & Associates, P.C.

You got injured on the job. Perhaps you got hurt in a sudden accident, or your injuries came about over time due to repetitive moments. Either way, you may be entitled to compensation through workers’ comp in New York. Learn more about it and when to contact an attorney for help.

Workers’ Comp in New York

When you get injured on the job, you can seek compensation through workers’ comp – as long as you are an actual employee. This rule doesn’t apply to independent contractors. New York employers are required to provide workers’ comp for employees.

Filing for Workers’ Comp

You need to file for workers’ comp within 30 days of your accident, and if you fail to do so, you may forfeit your right to receive workers’ comp. Make sure that when you tell your employer about it, you get a copy of your report as well. It’s best to notify them immediately so that you remember the details about what happened.

You should seek medical treatment as soon as you get injured. Workers’ compensation insurance is going to cover your treatment. After 30 days, you can switch from the doctor they provide to your own if your doctor is authorized by the Worker’s Compensation Board.

If you’re having trouble filing for workers’ comp or you’re suffering from a personal injury that is outside of workers’ comp coverage, then contact a lawyer ASAP for help.

Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer

If you need representation after getting into an accident in your workplace, then contact the personal injury firm Gash & Associates for help. We assist clients throughout Westchester County, and we offer you a free consultation. Get in touch now at (914) 328-8800.