Personal injury law firm in New York | Experienced Lawyers | Gash & Associates, P.C. Logo and Icon

Can I Seek Compensation if I Slip and Fall on Public Property in New York?

Man files a report after an accident | slip and fall accidents lawyer | Gash & Associates, P.C.

Slipping and falling may not sound severe, but it can actually result in pretty serious injuries depending on the situation. If you slipped and fell on public property in New York, then you can take action against the city or municipality that owns the land. Just make sure you quickly call a personal injury lawyer since there may be a shorter statute of limitations for these kinds of public property injuries.

Ensuring You Receive Compensation

There is no guarantee that you will receive compensation. However, there are a number of things you can do to increase your chances of getting some type of settlement.

First, contact a nearby public officer for help – this could include a park ranger, for instance. File a report with them and get a copy of the report in writing.

Then, collect evidence, including photos of the scene of the accident, your visible injuries, and damage to your belongings.

Next, go to the hospital right away for treatment and to record your injuries with your doctor. Follow your treatment plan closely.

Next, call a personal injury lawyer right away.

Working With a Personal Injury Lawyer

A personal injury lawyer will work for free and only charge you if they can get you a settlement. You will know their fees before you sign on to work with them. You’ll need to provide them with evidence or at least tell them about the accident so they can try to gather the evidence themselves. They will work hard on your behalf while you focus on getting better.

Reaching Out to a Personal Injury Lawyer

If you need help after getting injured on public property in New York, then contact the personal injury firm Gash & Associates. Gash & Associates help clients throughout Westchester County. We offer free consultations. Reach us now by calling (914) 328-8800.