Personal injury law firm in New York | Experienced Lawyers | Gash & Associates, P.C. Logo and Icon

Premises Liability and Slip and Fall Accidents, Explained

Legal guide on premises liability | slip & fall accidents attorney nyc | Gash & Associates, P.C.

You were injured in a slip and fall. You’re facing sky-high medical bills along with a number of other monetary, and non-monetary, losses. What are you supposed to do?

The first step is learning more about slip and fall accidents, along with premises liability. Then, hire a personal injury lawyer to represent you at this time.

What Is Premises Liability?

Whenever you’re on somebody’s property, they have a legal responsibility to keep you safe from dangerous conditions. If they do not, and you get injured in a slip and fall accident, then you may be able to take legal action against them for your economic and non-economic damages including your medical bills, loss of wages if you had to take time off from work, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and more. Keep in mind that properties can be public, like stores, or private, like someone’s residence. Typically, you’d file a claim with the homeowner or business owner’s insurance company to retrieve your settlement.

Slip and Fall Accidents

Sometimes a slip and fall accident is a property owner’s fault – and sometimes it’s not. Once you speak with a personal injury lawyer, they will let you know if you have a case. The claim has to be reasonable; it’s a requirement that the property owner knew, or should have known, about the possible liability. And if it was your fault – for example, you weren’t paying attention – you may not have a strong enough case. Your lawyer will let you know if your case is worth pursuing, all for no charge unless you get a settlement.

Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer

If you were in a slip and fall and need representation, then contact the personal injury firm Gash & Associates for help. We assist clients throughout Westchester County and we offer you a free consultation. Get in touch now at (914) 328-8800.