Personal injury law firm in New York | Experienced Lawyers | Gash & Associates, P.C. Logo and Icon

Tips for Filing Whiplash Injury Claims after a Car Accident in New York

Man files whiplash injury claims after auto accident | lawyers in New York | Gash & Associates, P.C.

Whiplash is one of the most common car accident injuries. It is a soft tissue injury that occurs when a collision happens and the head and neck muscles and ligaments stretch. If the injury is more serious, then damage to your bones and nerves in your spine and neck could occur.

After getting a whiplash injury, you may have to see a physical or massage therapist, go to a chiropractor, and use an immobilization collar. The pain from whiplash may last days or for the rest of your life depending on the severity of the injury.

If you’re suffering from whiplash following a car accident injury, here are some tips on what to do.

Collect Your Evidence

When you got into the car accident, you should have taken photographs, collected witness statements, and filed a police report. Even if you don’t have a lot of proof of the accident, collect what evidence you do have, as you’ll use it to show what really happened and how the other driver was at fault.

Go to the Hospital for Treatment

Following your accident, you also should have gone to the hospital for treatment. It’s critical that you stay on top of your recovery by going to appointments, taking medication, using medical equipment, etc.

Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer

A personal injury lawyer is going to help you file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company and fight to get you the settlement you deserve. They will also assist you with collecting the evidence you need and keep you informed about the process every step of the way.

Getting in Touch With a Personal Injury Lawyer

Contact the personal injury firm Gash & Associates if you need representation after experiencing whiplash from an accident. We assist clients throughout Westchester County, and the best part is, we provide a free consultation. Get in touch today at (914) 328-8800.