Personal injury law firm in New York | Experienced Lawyers | Gash & Associates, P.C. Logo and Icon

What Can I Include in a Truck Accident Claim?

Truck on a slippery wet road | truck accident claim lawyers nyc | Gash & Associates, P.C.

You were driving one day when suddenly, a truck crashed into you. This wasn’t any normal accident because of the sheer size of the truck. Now, you have lots of expenses to cover and you don’t know what to do. Thankfully, you can file a claim against the truck driver’s insurance company and claim certain damages, including the following.

Medical Bills

If you were injured in a truck accident, then you can include the costs of your medical bills, including future bills you’ll have to pay if you sustained a lifelong, catastrophic injury.

Loss of Wages

If you had to take time off from work to go to the doctor and get treated for your injuries, then you would be able to claim your lost wages.

Car Repairs

If your car was damaged in any way and/or you had personal belongings in your vehicle that were damaged, you would be able to claim them in your lawsuit.

Pain and Suffering

Non-economic damages count, too. Pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of quality of life, and loss of enjoyment are a few of the non-economic expenses that you can claim. For instance, if you can no longer enjoy your favorite hobby due to your injury, or you can no longer pursue your professional passions due to the accident, then you could claim non-economic damages as well.

Contacting a Personal Injury Lawyer

If you got injured in a truck accident and now want to claim damages, then contact the personal injury firm Gash & Associates for help. Gash & Associates assists clients throughout Westchester County, and we offer free consultations. Get in touch now by calling (914) 328-8800.