What Damages Am I Entitled to Recover in a Premises Liability Case?

Injured Patient Showing Doctor Broken Wrist | Premises Liability Attorney | Gash & Associates, P.C.

If you slip and fall or are otherwise injured on someone else’s property, then you could be entitled to damages. By learning about the possible damages you’ll receive, you can decide if you want to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer to help you.

Possible Damages You’ll Receive

Here are the damages you could receive if you win a settlement:

  • Medical bills now and in the future
  • Loss of wages
  • Damage to your property
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of enjoyment of life

The damages you receive depend upon the circumstances surrounding your premises liability accident. For example, if you slipped and fell and hurt your back and need to go to the doctor for the next six months, you could get money to cover your medical bills for that treatment. If you suffered from a more traumatic injury that requires future care, you could get damages for future medical bills as well.

If you had to take time off work for your medical appointments, you could get damages for a loss of wages, too. If your property was damaged, you might receive compensation for it, and if you are suffering emotionally and unable to partake in the activities you once loved, then you could receive damages for pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.

What to Do After Your Injury

Immediately after your injury, report it to the property owner and get a report in writing. Collect witness statements, take photographs of the scene, and seek out medical treatment ASAP. Don’t talk to insurance; call a personal injury lawyer instead.

Contacting a Personal Injury Lawyer

If you need representation after getting injured on someone else’s property, then make sure you contact the personal injury firm Gash & Associates. Gash & Associates help clients throughout Westchester County. We offer free consultations. Reach us now by calling (914) 328-8800.