Personal injury law firm in New York | Experienced Lawyers | Gash & Associates, P.C. Logo and Icon

What Do I Do If I’ve Been in a Slip and Fall Accident?

Yellow caution sign on lobby | slip and fall accident lawyer in New York | Gash & Associates, P.C.

When you slip and fall unexpectedly, you may be confused and upset. At this moment, however, it’s critical to keep your composure and take some necessary steps. Then, you can possibly sue the responsible party and get the compensation you deserve.

If you’ve been in a slip and fall, here’s what to do.

Gather Evidence

You should first take photographs of your injuries, damage to your personal belongings, and the place where the injury occurred. If you see any video cameras, note where they are so you can attempt to collect the footage later. Ask any witnesses if they’d like to provide statements as well.

Tell the Responsible Party

If you slipped and fell in a store, then you should tell the store manager, document the incident, and get a copy of the document where you wrote down what happened. If the responsible party is not around or you aren’t sure who is to blame, then don’t worry about this step.

Go to the Doctor

Next, it’s important to go to the doctor or hospital to get your injuries assessed. Let the doctor know about any pain you’re experiencing and get X-rays taken to ensure there is no internal damage. Follow your doctor’s treatment plan and don’t skip out on any follow-up appointments.

Call a Personal Injury Lawyer

If you got into a slip and fall accident that wasn’t your fault, then you could possibly retrieve compensation by contacting the personal injury firm Gash & Associates for assistance. Remember to call us ASAP, as there is a statute of limitations on personal injury cases.


Gash & Associates helps clients throughout Westchester County and we offer you a free consultation. Get in touch today by calling (914) 328-8800.