Personal injury law firm in New York | Experienced Lawyers | Gash & Associates, P.C. Logo and Icon

What Type of Damages Can I Recover From a Slip and Fall Injury?

Yellow sign of slippery floor in the hallway | slip & fall accident lawyer | Gash & Associates, P.C.

If you get injured in a slip and fall, you could suffer from some serious ailments. Even if you just hurt your back, it could take a long time to heal, and you could be out of work for some time. And if you decide to sue for your injuries, you could recover the following types of damages.

Medical Bills

You could retrieve some money to pay down your medical bills, including specialist appointments, surgeries, and prescription drugs you need as a result of your injuries.

Loss of Wages

If you had to take time off work to go to doctor’s appointments and heal from your injuries, then you could claim your lost wages.

Lost Future Wages

If you have an injury that is going to last for a long time – and perhaps even the rest of your life – then you can claim lost future wages including bonuses as well.

Pain and Suffering

When you get injured, it can affect you in physical, emotional, and mental ways. You could get some compensation for the pain and suffering you’re experiencing following the incident.

Loss of Enjoyment of Life

Your injury may be so severe that you can no longer participate in activities you used to enjoy. You could claim loss of enjoyment of life damages to make up for this.

Finding a Personal Injury Lawyer

It’s best to hire a personal injury lawyer who can help you figure out the damages that would apply in your case as well as take legal action against the defendant. Then, you can feel secure knowing that you have someone fighting for you.

Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer

If you need representation after a slip and fall accident, then contact the personal injury firm Gash & Associates for help. We assist clients throughout Westchester County and we offer you a free consultation. Get in touch now at (914) 328-8800.