Personal injury law firm in New York | Experienced Lawyers | Gash & Associates, P.C. Logo and Icon

How an Experienced New York Attorney Can Help After a Workplace Injury

Man suffers finger injury at work | workplace accidents attorneys nyc | Gash & Associates, P.C.

When you get injured at work, there are certain steps you need to take to have the best chance of getting compensation. Otherwise, you could get stuck with paying your bills on your own, which isn’t fair.

Thankfully, a New York attorney can help you after a workplace injury in the following ways.

They’ll Advise You on What to Do

After a workplace injury, you need to do things like alert your employer, file a worker’s compensation claim if your employer was at fault, go to your doctor, and keep up with your appointments. An experienced attorney will let you know how to do everything right and tell you about red flags to look out for if the defendant’s insurance company isn’t willing to give you what you deserve.

They’ll Help You File a Claim

Your attorney can assist you with filing a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury claim depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury. Additionally, they will collect evidence like your medical records for the claim. They will also talk to the insurance company for you, which can take a lot of the burden off your shoulders. Insurance companies can be quite aggressive, and you shouldn’t have to deal with communicating with them when you’re trying to recover from an injury.

They’ll Negotiate a Settlement

Your attorney will negotiate with the insurance company to get you the settlement that’s rightfully yours. All you have to do is stay on top of your treatment and provide any documents your attorney needs for your case.

Contacting a Personal Injury Lawyer

Contact the personal injury firm Gash & Associates if you need a lawyer after getting injured at work. We assist clients throughout Westchester County, and the best part is, we provide a free consultation. Get in touch today at (914) 328-8800.