Personal injury law firm in New York | Experienced Lawyers | Gash & Associates, P.C. Logo and Icon

Can I Seek Compensation in New York for Minor Auto Accident Injuries?

Driver suffered minor injuries in a car accident | motor vehicle accidents | Gash & Associates, P.C.

After getting injured in an auto accident in New York, you could be facing sky-high medical bills as well as other expenses. It’s not fair that you should have to cover these if the accident was not your fault. Thankfully, there is legal action you can take, including seeking compensation.

Seeking a Settlement for Minor Auto Accident Injuries in New York

In New York, you are absolutely allowed to seek compensation for minor auto accident injuries. The truth of the matter is that even a minor injury like whiplash could end up causing you pain for weeks or months on end and disrupt your daily life. You never know how injuries are going to play out, which is why it’s critical to seek compensation for your injuries with the help of a personal injury lawyer.

What Proof You Need for Your Case

It’s important to collect proof to show that you were not responsible for the auto accident. Some proof that’s valuable includes photographs of the scene of the accident and damage to your belongings, as well as the other driver’s license plate, video footage from a nearby camera, witness statements, a police report, and your medical records. If you don’t have proof, you can always contact a personal injury lawyer, who will help you collect more and do an investigation to determine what happened.

Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer

If you need representation after suffering from an auto accident injury, then contact the personal injury firm Gash & Associates for help. We assist clients throughout Westchester County, and we offer you a free consultation. Get in touch now at (914) 328-8800.